Monday, April 16, 2012

Matte Painting number 2 -- First Images

Here are the first images from my second Matte Painting.

This time, mostly painting it.


 1. I started with a soft gradient for the sky. This technique I learned last year from the Dylan Cole assignments, and I wanted to implement it for this painting. I had a few tries to get the one I really wanted to use for this, and this one was the one I chose.



2. I took the sky out of this desert photo and then cut half of the image to paste over my gradient. This is when I first started thinking of what I actually wanted to do with the desert idea.


3. Here is the image over my gradient, making a very nice looking sky. I got excited at this point because it was all working out.
--- I cleaned up the edges and such so it wouldn't be so pixellated, and that it would fade into the background. This gives the image a hazy and heat-wave look to the horizon. I'm feeling giddy now :)



4. I started painting over the sand at this point so I could create my own desert landscape. I'm happy with how this is turning out at this point!



5. And here is my clean desert landscape!! I'm going to be putting in an old ship in here, and it's gonna look so awesome! This is my favorite piece to date

More coming soon! Stay posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment